- CRAB grieves the death of Mr. Sohail Humayun|
- Asset Award CRAB as Rating Agency of The Year|
- CRAB Analytics arranged training on Business Analysis through MS Excel in Dhaka Club|
- Press Release: Training on Best Practice for Project Finance & PPP Infrastructure Financing Risk Assessment|
- CRAB Analytics and Social Responsibility Asia (SR Asia) Bangladesh inked Strategic Alliance Agreement|
Credit Rating Agency of Bangladesh Ltd. (CRAB) is the leading credit rating agency of Bangladesh, providing rating, grading, advisory and information services. The Company was incorporated as a public limited company under the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies in August 2003 and it received certificate for commencement of business in November 2003. CRAB was granted licence by the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) of Bangladesh for operating as a credit rating company in February 2004. The formal launching of the company was held on 5 April 2004. CRAB has been accredited as an External Credit Assessment Institution (ECAI) by Bangladesh Bank in 2009, which status gives it the eligibility to provide rating of bank credit exposures for risk weighted capital adequacy calculation.
CRAB is an independent and professional company established in technical collaboration with ICRA Ltd (Hyperlink) of India. CRAB is a leading provider of investment information and credit rating services in Bangladesh. CRAB’s shareholders include individuals and institutions including Investment Corporation of Bangladesh (ICB) and IDLC.
To serve to the growing market demands, CRAB has been proactive in widening its service offerings, executing assignments including credit ratings, equity ratings, project ratings, performance grading, advisory services and mandated studies in different industrial sectors.CRAB offers its services under the following banners: